Saturday, March 15, 2008

poster 17 dillinger 4 & arrivals 2002


march 14, originally uploaded by rebecca ann rakstad.

Jake
Living in Milwaukee, I only got to go the Fireside a few times. The best show I ever saw there was The Dillinger 4 and The Arrivals (ironic that now Paddy is in both bands) in the spring of 2002. I was going to the University of Wisconsin at Oshkosh at the time, so we drove all the way down to see D4 cause we had been spinning ‘Situationist Comedy’ on the Oshkosh radio station all semester. I just remember it being of the rowdiest most fun crowds I've ever been a part of. I think I only knew the words to like one D4 song at the time, so when they played it I went nuts, and the rest of the time I was going just as nuts...and then a giant drunk, sweaty, naked man landed on me while crowd surfing. It was great!

No comments: